Thursday, April 7, 2011

Life is Never Fair!!

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing to do. But to hold it together, when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's strength."
Taken from Toms FB page.

My son Thomas got some very bad news about his friend Jake yesterday. Jakes time left in this world will be coming to an end much to soon for a 15 year old. Thomas is taking this news very very hard.
I have a very hard time relating to him during this time; I don't know what it's like to lose a friend at that young of an age. The emotions and anger/confusion must be overwhelming.
Much like I can't relate to having my parents divorced. My parents have been together for 50 plus years! I do not know what it's like to go from one parents house to the others on such and such a date. Cindi has more in common with him in these areas than I.
All I can show him is how to be strong when life doesn't seem to deal you a fair hand, and to keep your chin up and force that smile while all the time inside your sad and confussed. Thomas, we LOVE you, and are here for you no matter how ruff things will get!! This is a defining moment for the rest of your life, my son, and know that Cindi and I are here to prop you up during every waking moment!!
You are not alone!!
Also know, that during tough times throughout my life, the pedal bike has helped me through those times, and is a very good mind scubber so to speak. Nothing like a good hard pedal to clear the mind, heart and soul. Throughout my life, if I didn't have my bike, I don't know how I would've been able to get over the speed bumps life throws out from time to time.
Our prayers go out to Jake and his family, and are wishing for the best for everyone involoved!!

Peace

2 comments:

rlove2bike said...

Sorry to hear about the bad news. I too find comfort during stressful times on the bike.

Vito said...

I can certainly relate to your son's pain. Life is hard, full of difficult times, and yes, seemingly unfair.

I hope he finds the strength he needs to get through the rough road ahead and I hope that you can find some time for nice long ride, maybe with Thomas.